22 July, 2009

East Coast Baby! Part I

While Jess' mother is in Taiwan we wanted to take her along the scenic east coast. We heard it had amazing scenery, so now was the time to go. I'll have to break this up into several parts. So here is part one:

Our traditional Chinese home-stay in Hualian, our first stop on tour

The courtyard outside our room

Jess' mom, Lois, taking in the view (of what I don't know but it was nice, I'm sure)

Welcome to the "Sweet Potato Village Rest Stop"

Views from atop those sweet potatoes

About half-way down the coast

No we did not electrocute, poison, OR bomb the fish. We also did not pollute the environment

More coast

There was a tropical storm pretty far out to sea so it made the waves extremely rough. Which was a bummer because Jason really wanted to surf

This is a place called Shitiping (don't laugh...ok, go ahead) You are actually supposed to sound an 'r' between the first 'i' and 't' so when you say it in Chinese it's not as funny. Nor do the Chinese understand why we laugh. If you're not laughing please move on

My Wallet!!!!

Just kidding.

I'll get some more up tomorrow. More adventures, weird faces, and elementary humor to come! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My personal favorite blog feature is the "elementary humor."

I've never seen Shitiping so beautiful! Did you try to surf there?

I thought you threw your wallet over the cliff because you were fed up with material things and wanted to live "one with nature." Did you have regret it afterward? Do you have wallet-chucking insurance?